Reading books can transport us to new places, teach us fascinating things about the world around us and inspire us to be our best selves. When you bring home new books for your children, you open their minds to new possibilities and adventures, making the books you select incredibly important.
Luckily, the Toronto Public Library is filled with books for the whole family. Even better – a library card is free and offers you an all-access pass. Join us in reading through some of our favourite children’s books by Canadian authors, all available now at your local library or virtually on the Toronto Public Library website.
- Sweetest Kulu by Celina Kalluk
- I AM CANADA: A CELEBRATION by Heather Patterson
- Love You Head To Toe by Ashley Barron
- If I Couldn’t Be Anne by Kallie George
- In The Red Canoe by Leslie A. Davidson
- Carson Crosses Canada by Linda Bailey
- My Heart Fills With Happiness by Monique Gray Smith
- Sometimes I Feel Like A Fox by Danielle Daniel
- There Were Monkey’s In My Kitchen! By Sheree Fitch
- The Breadwinner by Deborah Ellis
- The Paper Bag Princess by Robert Munsch